Environmental Representative Matters
The following are examples of the types of matters our environmental attorneys handle:
- Providing regulatory, compliance, counseling, and defense to clients who have received notices of violation and administrative complaints from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation for violations of environmental laws and regulations, including the Freshwater Wetlands Act, the Tidal Wetlands Act, pesticide regulations, Navigation Law, RCRA, hazardous and solid waste storage and disposal regulations, CERCLA, and TSCA.
- Advising clients with regard to RCRA corrective action and enforcement.
- Representing a client in a multi-party urban river cleanup litigation.
- Representing clients in state and federal Superfund multi-party litigations.
- Guiding clients through the environmental due diligence process.
- Helping a hospital client navigate the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s hospital compliance program and establish a voluntary self-audit program.
- Advising clients with regard to spill and release reporting.
- Assisting clients in their emergency planning/community right-to-know (EPCRA) activities.
- Representing a client in litigation seeking from an adjoining property owner remediation of contamination and recovery for damages resulting from the contamination of the client’s property.
- Representation of a client in a proceeding to vacate and annul a municipality’s findings of no significant environmental impact in the re-zoning of the client’s property from commercial to residential use.
- Representation of clients in the preparation, submission, and review of environmental impact statements for proposed actions, such as the subdivision and development of land.
- Counseling the Firm’s municipal clients concerning their obligations under relevant environmental laws and regulations.
Energy & Resource Representative Matters
The following are examples of the types of energy and natural resource matters our attorneys have handled:
- Advising clients on zoning to accommodate alternative energy uses.
- Advising utilities on the zoning and siting of substations.
- Preparing utility access easements.
- Representing clients in the negotiation and leasing of public utilities.
- Representing clients in the negotiation of right-of-ways for natural gas pipelines.
- Counseling water companies, municipalities, and authorities on SEQRA-related claims on the placement of water tanks, wells, and distribution systems.
- Representing municipalities and landowners in preserving open space.
- Representing clients with regard to permissible development in environmentally sensitive or preserved areas.